Election Public Holidays : 18 and 19 November 2022
The caretaker Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has announced that 18 and 19 November 2022 are declared public holidays under Section 8 of the Holidays Act 1951. This is to encourage and facilitate Malaysians to vote for their government in the upcoming General Election.
Employers are to observe the following:-
- Section 8 of the Holidays Act 1951 shall be observed as a paid holiday;
- The holiday will be in addition to the eleven (11) gazette public holidays in accordance with Section 60D(1) of the Employment Act;
- The holidays will only be applicable to Peninsular Malaysia and Federal Territory of Labuan;
- Employer can substitute the said holidays with other days;
- If 18 or 19 November 2022 (Friday or Saturday) is a rest day for some states, the following working day, 20 November 2022 (Sunday) will be a substitution for the public holiday;
- Due consideration on time off must be given to employee who wishes to vote on 19 November 2022.
- In respect of employees under First Schedule of the Employment Act, Employers are to comply with the holiday pay and overtime rates stated under Section 60D(3) of the Employment Act, i.e. 2 times the ordinary rate of pay and 3 times for overtime.
- In respect of employees outside the scope of First Schedule of the Employment Act, employers and employees shall observe their own contract of service.
ANC Group – Your Personal Finance Advisor
The foundation of all our endeavours is demonstrated by the following strategic priorities:
- Commit to providing excellent financial accounting service;
- Continuously improve service quality and meet the ever-increasing client demands;
- Promote accounting competency and professionalism, and motivate our people, who are the core of our service quality, to achieve excellence;
- Continuously deliver updated accounting and taxation information via our newsletters – Taxletter;
- Retain and retrain employees with Business Infrastructure Platform (BIP);
- Annual tax sharing to bring timely and efficient solutions to client issues; and
- Invitation to our financial workshop sharing and business networking sessions.