: 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 what are the differences?
– 1.0 was available for a short period of 3 months
– 2.0 extended the period with new condition for SME : SME Corp Certificate
– 3.0 extended until 30 June 2021 and it is now open to non SME.
: What are the qualifying conditions?
– Taxpayers renting out business premises to any qualified SME tenants
– Rented premises must be used by tenant for purpose of carrying out business
– Rental reduction must be at least 30% from the existing monthly rental rate
– Special deduction is for period of rental deduction offered:- SMME : April 2020 until June 2021
Non SMME : January 2021 until June 2021
– If rental reduction is less than 30%, company is not eligible to claim the special deduction for the particular month.